|We coined the name Little Rock Slasher for the serial killer|
On April 29, 2021, the Little Rock Police Department posted a video on YouTube that alerted the citizens of the safe city of Little Rock about a serial killer that was using a knife to brutally attack and murder individuals.
The first murder occurred on Monday August 24, 2020 at 2200 S. Gaines Street and the victim was Larry Eugene McChristian (W/M, age 64).
McChristian had gone to the emergency room (via ambulance) at the UAMS hospital on August 20, 2020 and was discharged at around 6 a.m. on Friday August 21, 2020. UAMS could not reach his daughter by phone and they gave McChristian information about homeless shelters and a bus token.
His daughter filed a missing person report with the UAMS police department.
Two days later, when LRPD responded to the call about the incident on S. Gaines Street, they were able to identify McChristian by the UAMS discharge papers they found on his body.
LRPD claims they have no records or reports about McChristian being reported as a missing person.
A security camera from a nearby residence captured the attack. According to a witness, Matlida Buchanan, a neighbor resident near where McChristian's body was found. Buchanan said she woke up to someone banging at her door, and the person at the door said they had called police because they discovered a dead body.
The person who found McChristian was passing through the neighborhood and saw the body laying in the yard at 2200 S. Gaines Street. Buchanan said her neighbors who have video surveillance said McChristian was stabbed to death.
Buchanan told a local tv station reporter, “it seems that the person who stabbed Mr. McChristian came north, was walking north on Gaines Street and stabbed him, and walked away and came back and stabbed him again and stood there while he died”.
It's important to note that at that time, From His Throne Ministries was located at Roosevelt & Arch, not far from where McChristian's body was discovered and that they provided meals to homeless individuals and stayed open as a cooling shelter if the weather was extremely hot. It was not unusual to find folks sleeping outside their building when they were closed.
The second murder occurred on Wednesday September 23, 2020 at an abandoned house at 4218 W. 12th Street (it has since been torn down). The victim was Jeff Welch a/k/a "Old School" (W/M, age 62). The abandoned house was used as a shelter by homeless individuals.
Welch's body was discovered on the front porch of the boarded up home by a friend named Taggart that was looking for a place to get out of the rain.
It's unclear why LRPD was shying away from declaring this incident as a homicide as the victim had multiple stab wounds in his neck. Also they stated the victim was Black when he was not in social media posts.
On April 11, 2021 Debra Walker (W/F. age 43) was savagely stabbed multiple times by a knife wielding attacker at the intersection of 19th & Marshall.
Walker was taken to UAMS and medical staff discovered that she had been stabbed at at least 15 times all over her body.
Walker told LRPD cops that she was attacked by a Black man and not much else.
Walker had been arrested many times by LRPD for indecent exposure, loitering, and prostitution so she had little use for LRPD cops or detectives.
She also had another reason for keeping quiet, she knew her attacker (more on that in a minute).
Walker was the first victim of the Little Rock Slasher to survive.
On April 12, 2023, the very next day after the attack of Debra Walker, Marlon Franklin (B/M, age 40) was found on an overpass near 2710 Wright Avenue suffering from stab wounds.
Folks in the safe city of Little Rock were terrified. Posts about the serial killer were all over social media. News stories played up the serial killer aspect.
LRPD plastered flyers all over the city.
Our own Ean Lee Bordeaux is a resident of the neighborhood were the fourth incident occurred.
We canvassed the neighborhood looking for camera footage and witnesses.
At a hearing on August 26, 2020 he was involuntary committed to stay at at treatment facility for 21 days and would be released on September 16, 2020.
Court records reveal that he absconded from the treatment facility prior to his release date and a bench warrant was issued for his arrest.
The second Slasher killing occurred on September 23, 2020.
He was picked up on September 25, 2020 and placed back in the Arkansas State Hospital but was released a short time later.
He stayed out of trouble for the rest of 2020.
In April 2021, the third and fourth Slasher indents occurred.
In September 2021, he was arrested for public intoxication and disorderly conduct. That case was not resolved until the summer of 2022 after he spent another 10 days in the state hospital.
In November 2021, a family member filed another petition for addiction treatment. He was sent to another treatment facility and released as 2021 ended.
We responded to their response.