Skip to main content

MONTICELLO MAYOR RESIGNS AS PART OF DEAL WITH PROSECUTOR - HIS FAMILY HOCKS HOUSE TO PAY RESTITUTION

 
FORMER MONTICELLO MAYOR ZACK TUCKER (ON LEFT)

Back on September 18th we posted a story about Monticello Mayor Zack Tucker.  Tucker had been arrested and charged with  tampering with a public record (Class D Felony) and abuse of office (Class B misdemeanor).  You can read our previous post here.

In a Drew County Circuit Court filing Tuesday, Tucker's attorney, Hani Hashem of Monticello, wrote that Tucker had "engaged in significant negotiations regarding a plea agreement."


HANI HASHEM

Hashem wrote that Tucker has agreed to enter a guilty plea and will pay immediate restitution. The former mayor told Circuit Judge Bynum Gibson that he had secured more than 50 percent of the amount required for restitution and that a family member had agreed to cosign a loan for the remaining amount.

Tucker said the paperwork securing the loan was submitted to a bank, which would determine if it would lend funds based upon the family member's signature. If the bank denies the loan application, Hashem wrote, Tucker has agreed to make monthly payments in restitution. So much for the immediate restitution.

Gibson gave Tucker until March 6th to decide which restitution option he would take, Drew County Circuit Clerk Beverly Burks said.

Hashem said later Tuesday that he would not allow his client to speak to the news media while the case was ongoing.

Tucker submitted his resignation on January 17th.






At the root of the case was an April 3, 2015 check for $22,500 from the City of Monticello Advertising & Promotion Commission Fund that was made payable to the Economic Development Fund of Monticello ("EDFM"). The check bears Tucker’s signature and was endorsed on the reverse side by Tucker.



Also, an invoice was submitted to the City of Monticello for $22,500 purportedly for half of the cost of engineering fees for a proposed convention center. The invoice appears to have been submitted to the city by the EDFM. However, the EDFM did not approve, issue or authorize the invoice, according to the EDFM.

The money went to an entertainment company to pay for the cost of entertainment at the local forestry festival. Neither the city council nor the A&P Commission authorized the expenditure.

When the plea deal is filed we will post an update.

Popular posts from this blog

Arkansas State Police Troopers fired for illicit sexual relationship

  Two Arkansas State Police Troopers were fired on April 5, 2024 after administrative investigations were conducted into accusations that they were romantically involved. Sgt. Mark Austin Blackerby (38 and married) of Scott and Trooper Jessica Diane McCord (30 and single) of Conway during their interviews with the State Police Office of Professional Standards ("OPS") in January 2024, were dishonest about the affair according to records provided to us by the ASP. Blackerby and his wife Cassie - a Jacksonville cop Initially, the investigation focused on Blackerby and both Blackerby and McCord denied a sexual relationship even though ASP vehicle tracking systems showed their vehicles parked at secluded locations for hours at at time and his vehicle at her home in Conway multiple times when he was on the clock. Blackerby admitted that he also disabled the tracking devices in his vehicle to try and hide his movements and their hookups.  Blackerby told investigators that he is a ...

Fired Dover City Marshal Nathan Jones Accused of Exploiting Dying Man to Take Control of His Estate

  A video of a part-time Dover, AR city marshal threatening a local business that went viral on social media, resulted in his termination of employment on October 1st.   Here's the video. Apparently Jones was the subject of rumors in the town. Rumors about meth pipes and the 479 Smoke Shop.   According to records obtained from the Arkansas Commission on Law Enforcement Standards & Training ("CLEST"), Jones previously worked part-time for the Dover Marshal's Office from October 26, 2007 through January 2, 2009.   Jones was also elected in 2023 as the Martin Township Constable and held that position under he lost to Ricky "Perch" Parks in 2025.   Don't worry about Jones losing his part-time job. As his campaign literature detailed, he owns a couple of businesses in area. During our investigation of Jones for this story, we found that he had been accused of exploiting Daniel L. Koester, 64 years old, who had cancer and had been in hospice after sufferin...

Little Rock Mayor's wedding announcement leads to a discovery of another legal blunder of Antwan Phillips

The feckless Little Rock mayor made this post of Facebook yesterday. So this morning we went to the County Clerk's website and grabbed a copy of his marriage license application. We immediately noticed that both Scott and his bride to be listed the same residence address - 8101 Kanis Oaks Drive. Scott's residence on his voter records is on Edwina Drive in Southwest Little Rock. Scott's bride-to-be is registered to vote in Florida. More about her later on in the story. So we Googled that address. According to records on file with Pulaski County, the property is owned by DRS Family Trust. You might wonder who is DRS Family Trust. Well dear readers, it's the mayor. The trust uses the middle initials of the mayor ("D" for Derrick) and his future spouse ("R" for Renee). the "S" is for Scott. How did we come to that conclusion? Well dear readers, it's from the mortgage the feckless mayor took out on his new home. And the feckless mayor also ...