Skip to main content

ABC DAMAGES TWO N.E. ARKANSAS PERMIT HOLDERS REPUTATION AND CAUSE LOSS IN INCOME BY RELEASING FALSE INFORMATION

On March 18, 2016 the Arkansas Alcoholic Beverage Control agency royally screwed up and posted incorrect information regarding violation reports in mid March. 

CLICK TO VIEW ABC'S GRIEVOUS ERROR 

The 2011 document was still posted incorrectly as the March 2016 violation report at the time we published this story.

One of their sharp clerical employees posted a five year old document instead of the current month's violation report.







We believe that ABC employee that posted the old information was Karen Blagg.


BLAGG (ON RIGHT) SPENDS EVERY AVAILABLE MINUTE POSTING CRAP ON FACEBOOK


Blagg is a terrible speller and documents she types often have numerous errors. One attorney for the ABC, Milton Luken, accused her of botching up a transcript in a legal proceeding. I know they are glad she is retiring.

So, on March 21, 2016 Jonesboro television KAIT staff checked the ABC website to see if any area establishments had been found to have violated an ABC rule or regulation.  

According to the document the ABC posted, two popular restaurants,  Kandela Mexican Grill and Fuji Japanese Steakhouse each had been fined $400 and placed on probation for 90 days for serving underage individuals (cooperating underage minors illegally buying booze in violation of Arkansas laws no doubt).

So KAIT posted a story about the two restaurants serving underage individuals and informed viewers that the two establishments could not sell alcoholic beverages for the next 90 days. Can you say "business killer"?

After KAIT ran the story, numerous individuals contacted both restaurants to find out if they were still operating since they couldn't sell booze. After all, who wants a chimichanga without a cerveza or sushi without sake. 

Naturally,  the restaurants complained to KAIT and they "apologized" for their mistake in reporting information that ABC purported to be a correct and accurate report of March 2016 violations.  KAIT then posted a correction.


KAIT HAD TO RUN A RETRACTION AFTER SHIT HIT THE FAN

We contacted both restaurants and were told that they were inundated with calls and social media messages after KAIT ran the erroneous story based on the ABC's bungling mistake. Both reported a loss of business in March which they attribute directly to the ABC publishing the five year old report instead of the correct report.

KAIT news director Josh White told us that "they did not notice the document the ABC had listed as their March 2016 violation report was actually one from March 16, 2011." 

The ABC needs an overhaul.  They have some tainted individuals in positions for which they lack the necessary qualifications, credentials and experience. 




Popular posts from this blog

Arkansas State Police Troopers fired for illicit sexual relationship

  Two Arkansas State Police Troopers were fired on April 5, 2024 after administrative investigations were conducted into accusations that they were romantically involved. Sgt. Mark Austin Blackerby (38 and married) of Scott and Trooper Jessica Diane McCord (30 and single) of Conway during their interviews with the State Police Office of Professional Standards ("OPS") in January 2024, were dishonest about the affair according to records provided to us by the ASP. Blackerby and his wife Cassie - a Jacksonville cop Initially, the investigation focused on Blackerby and both Blackerby and McCord denied a sexual relationship even though ASP vehicle tracking systems showed their vehicles parked at secluded locations for hours at at time and his vehicle at her home in Conway multiple times when he was on the clock. Blackerby admitted that he also disabled the tracking devices in his vehicle to try and hide his movements and their hookups.  Blackerby told investigators that he is a ...

Fired Dover City Marshal Nathan Jones Accused of Exploiting Dying Man to Take Control of His Estate

  A video of a part-time Dover, AR city marshal threatening a local business that went viral on social media, resulted in his termination of employment on October 1st.   Here's the video. Apparently Jones was the subject of rumors in the town. Rumors about meth pipes and the 479 Smoke Shop.   According to records obtained from the Arkansas Commission on Law Enforcement Standards & Training ("CLEST"), Jones previously worked part-time for the Dover Marshal's Office from October 26, 2007 through January 2, 2009.   Jones was also elected in 2023 as the Martin Township Constable and held that position under he lost to Ricky "Perch" Parks in 2025.   Don't worry about Jones losing his part-time job. As his campaign literature detailed, he owns a couple of businesses in area. During our investigation of Jones for this story, we found that he had been accused of exploiting Daniel L. Koester, 64 years old, who had cancer and had been in hospice after sufferin...

LRSD investigation file of Kendahl Davenport's entanglement with student leaves more questions than answers

An "unprofessional" relationship between a Parkview student, Justin Lanier and a teacher Kendahl Davenport was the talk of the town this week  ________ We were contacted by a LRSD employee/whistleblower over the weekend and broke this story on April 13, 2026 at 7:43 a.m. Other media outlets saw our post and scrambled to catch up. Our post about this on social media and other news outlet regurgitating it sent LRSD into a tailspin and the superintendent issued a statement. LRSD attempted to spin the story with little success. We submitted AFOIA requests to LRSD for copies of personnel files and records regarding applicants for the position that Davenport was hired to fill. Other news outlets continued to post stories. And they specifically referenced our April 13th social media post that broke the story and indicated that it going viral was problematic for the school district. Unrelenting pressure on LRSD from news media and citizens forced the superintendent to issue another s...